Location – Atlanta, Georgia
Work Schedule – Hybrid (Monday – Wednesday in-office, Thursday – Friday remote)
Candidate must live in Atlanta area in order to commute.
Salary range – 50K – 75K (depending on experience)
We are looking for a diligent staff accountant to join our accounting department. The staff accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting audits, and maintaining accounts payable documentation.
To be successful as staff accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). An outstanding staff accountant should also have excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 1-3 years of accounting (audit) experience.
- CPA eligible or interest in pursuing a CPA license
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.